Tomorrow is the day I begin.....again.

It's been a while since I blogged here at Veni, Vidi, Vici, Vickie....Sort of....Maybe.  In fact, the life I have now no longer resembles the life I had when I started this blog back in 2010.  Back then I was married, just starting college, had been retired from the service for one year and my son still lived at home.  What is clear now that was not so clear back then was that my life was already beginning to unravel, everything I thought my life had been about turned out to be an illusion: the family unit was coming undone. 

These last four years have been many things: challenging, rewarding, happy, sad, tough, peaceful, chaotic are but a few of the adjectives that I can think of to sum up my life.  I have lost a lot but I think I have gained a few things that are pretty substantial: independence, intelligence, compassion and wisdom.  The intuition that I was born with has made a return engagement and I am glad to have it back...and I am listening to it.

In 2010 I was 45, today I am 49 years and 5 days old.  Tomorrow I am leaving my beloved Mid-Century modern house, my son and my two Shelties (who will be staying with my former spouse who is a good friend) in the Southern California desert and driving 1400 miles to Texas, the land of my birth. I am taking a sabbatical from my life....it seems that a lot of other people are being called to do the same thing these days.  I am leaving everything that I have known for the last 15 years and venturing out to conduct a walk-thru of my childhood, to try and find and understand what it is back there that summons me. 

I will be making the drive with my 68 year old mother; she and I have had a somewhat complicated relationship from the moment of my birth.  5 days, 1400 miles, 2 dogs (two rescued Miniature Schnauzers) and my mom...a scenario that four years ago I would have never seen coming but here I am, on the eve of the journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Fellini!