Elle S'Appelait Françoise....Her Name Was Francoise

Since I began my Icon series with Catherine Deneuve, it seems fitting to immediately follow with her beautiful sister, Françoise.  At the time of her death, Françoise Dorleac was actually a better known actress in France and had just begin establishing her rightful place in films that were being seen and discussed in other countries.  Françoise played aloof to Catherine's cool....those sisters: even now they make you want to watch them. Ms. Dorleac was tragically killed in a car accident in 1967 and to this day her sister Catherine rarely talks about it...she did however co-auther a beautifully written, very poignant book entitled Elle S'Appelait Françoise....Her Name Was Francoise which I am very proud to own...it is in French but thankfully I can read and translate most of it.



The two sisters appeared in two film together: "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort" aka "The Young Girls of Rochefort" and "Les portes claquent" aka "The Door Slams".... 
Films to consider....."Cul De Sac", "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort"
I think I will leave you here...with photos and a sense of sadness for the loss of her potential, possibility and ethereal beauty.....Elle S'Appelait Françoise.








Françoise and Catherine



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love Fellini!